Pizza is a popular dish enjoyed by people all over the world. While there are countless variations of pizza, one unique and flavorful option is keema pizza. Keema is a dish originating from South Asia, typically made with minced meat, spices, and sometimes vegetables. When combined with pizza, it creates a unique and delicious fusion of flavors. In this article, we’ll guide you through how to make keema pizza at home with minced meat.
- Pizza dough (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 pound of minced meat (chicken, lamb, or beef)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (218°C). If you’re using store-bought pizza dough, follow the instructions on the packaging. If you’re making homemade pizza dough, prepare the dough according to your recipe and let it rest for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced meat and cook until browned, stirring occasionally. Once cooked, use a slotted spoon to transfer the meat to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add another tablespoon of olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another minute.
- Add the chopped tomato to the skillet and cook until it has softened and released its juices. Add the red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, and salt. Stir well and cook for another minute.
- Add the cooked minced meat to the skillet and stir well to combine with the spice mixture. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until the meat is fully coated with the spices.
- Roll out your pizza dough on a floured surface until it is about 12 inches in diameter. Transfer the dough to a greased pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Brush the surface of the pizza dough with olive oil. Spread the keema mixture evenly over the pizza dough, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Sprinkle-grated mozzarella cheese over the top of the keema mixture.
- Place the pizza in the preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and sprinkle chopped cilantro over the top.
- Slice the pizza and serve hot.
Keema pizza is a delicious and unique variation of traditional pizza that is sure to impress your friends and family. The combination of flavorful spices and savory minced meat makes for a truly delicious meal. This recipe is easy to make at home and is sure to become a family favorite.