It is common for food items to be the subject of controversy and debate on the internet, as everyone has different taste preferences and cultural backgrounds. Therefore, it is not surprising that the street-style Kulhad Pizza has divided the internet in terms of its taste.
For those who are unfamiliar, Kulhad Pizza is a pizza that is baked in a clay pot (Kulhad) and is commonly found in street-side eateries in India. The crust is made with flour, semolina, and yogurt and is topped with tomato sauce, cheese, and various toppings.
Some people may find the combination of traditional Indian cooking methods and pizza toppings to be strange or unusual, while others may appreciate the unique blend of flavors and textures. Ultimately, whether the Kulhad Pizza is tasty or weird is subjective and depends on individual taste preferences.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semolina
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Your choice of toppings (such as sliced vegetables, chicken, or paneer)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, semolina, yogurt, baking powder, and salt. Mix well to form a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball.
- Flatten each ball with a rolling pin to form a round disc, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Preheat a clay pot (Kulhad) on medium heat.
- Place one disc of dough in the Kulhad and cook on low heat until the bottom is golden brown.
- Flip the dough over and spread about 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce on top, leaving a small border around the edge.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce, then add your desired toppings.
- Cover the Kulhad with a lid and cook on low heat until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the crust is cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for a few minutes before serving.