Pizza burgers are a delicious and creative fusion of two classic comfort foods: pizza and burgers. This recipe will guide you through the steps to make your very own pizza burgers at home.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoni
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, Italian breadcrumbs, egg, milk, grated parmesan cheese, pizza sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Form the beef mixture into four equally-sized patties.
- Grill the patties for about 5-7 minutes per side, or until they are cooked to your desired level of doneness.
- While the patties are cooking, prepare the toppings. Slice the mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
- When the patties are almost done, top each one with a slice of mozzarella cheese and a few slices of pepperoni. Continue cooking until the cheese is melted and the pepperoni is crispy.
- Toast the hamburger buns on the grill for a few seconds.
- To assemble the pizza burgers, place the cooked patty on the bottom half of the bun. Add some more pizza sauce on top of the patty and then add some more pepperoni slices. Cover with the top half of the bun.
- Serve and enjoy your delicious pizza burgers!