If you’re a pizza lover, you might want to try making pizza chips as a delicious and fun alternative to traditional pizza. This recipe yields cheesy and crispy pizza chips that are perfect for snacking or as a party appetizer. Here’s how to make them:
– 1 bag of tortilla chips
– 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
– 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
– 1/2 cup of pizza sauce
– 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
3. Spread out the tortilla chips in a single layer on the baking sheet.
4. Spoon the pizza sauce evenly over the chips.
5. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella and grated parmesan cheese on top of the pizza sauce.
6. Sprinkle the garlic powder, dried oregano, salt, and pepper over the cheese.
7. Bake the pizza chips in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
8. Remove the pizza chips from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
9. Serve the pizza chips immediately while they are still warm and crispy.
1. You can use any type of tortilla chips for this recipe, but thicker chips will hold up better under the weight of the cheese and sauce.
2. Feel free to experiment with different types of cheese, such as cheddar, provolone, or asiago.
3. If you want to make the pizza chips even more flavorful, add some chopped pepperoni, sausage, or vegetables to the toppings.
4. If you don’t have pizza sauce, you can use marinara sauce or tomato sauce as a substitute.
5. For an extra crispy crust, toast the tortilla chips in the oven for a few minutes before adding the toppings.
6. You can also make these pizza chips on the grill by placing the baking sheet on the grill grates instead of in the oven.
In conclusion, this pizza chips recipe is a great way to satisfy your pizza cravings in a fun and easy way. With just a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time, you can make a batch of cheesy and crispy pizza chips that everyone will love. Enjoy!